OceanExpert ID : 14014
Slovenian Environmental Agency
Please login to view email.
Slovenian Environment Agency performs expert, analytical, regulatory and administrative tasks related to the environment at the national level.
Our primary objective is to become a leading, effective and trustworthy environmental institution, capable of disseminating knowledge to other related institutions around the world.
The Environment Agency is a body of the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning.
Its mission is to monitor, analyse and forecast natural phenomena and processes in the environment, and to reduce natural threats to people and property. The following tasks are performed by the national services for meteorology, hydrology and seismology:
- preserving natural resources, biodiversity and sustainable development;
- observing, analysing and forecasting natural phenomena and processes in the environment;
- reducing impact of natural hazards;
- ensuring legal protection and professional assistance to participants in environmental encroachment procedures;
- uiding change of national and personal values system in relation to the environment as well as influencing the value criteria for environmental encroachments;
- ensuring high-quality environmental data for all target groups;
- raising the awareness of people and institutions about the environment and environmental issues.