terms of reference for
task team on wave measurment (tt-wm)
The DBCP Task Team on Wave Measurement shall:
1. Continue to coordinate, on an ongoing basis, intercomparisons of wave measurements from different platforms, on an opportunistic basis, in particular from the Monterey buoy farm and FLOSSIE, and the GDP wave drifters;
2. Continue to support the development of high quality spectral wave measurements from drifting buoys, including the SVP-Wa buoys;
3. Publish ongoing intercomparison results on the Wave Measurement and Evaluation web site;
4. Promote widely discussions on in situ wave measurement, including user requirements, evaluation, best practices, and emerging technologies, with responsible national agencies, and international programmes including GCOS, GOOS, OOPC, and other relevant bodies;
5. Contribute to training material to educate users about appropriate wave measurement procedures and uses of the data, including the need for high quality information for all users;
6. Contribute, as appropriate, to the JCOMM Standards and Best Practice Guides, including a recommended approach to making reliable, high-quality spectral wave measurements, including directional spectra;
7. Outreach the wave measurement developments and analyses to DBCP and other scientific fora, including the International Wave Workshop, and organize special workshops on wave measurement as appropriate and necessary ;
8. Report on activities of the Task Team at the annual DBCP Panel meetings.
More Details, please see: jcomm.info/DBCP-TT-WM
Membership: The membership is decided at Panel Sessions and is open to all Panel members.