Terms of Reference
(as adopted at DBCP-XXXVIII)
The DBCP Task Team on Data Management shall:
- Receive and review reports from the Data Management Centres specializing in drifting buoy data, i.e., (i) the Coriolis/France, and (ii) MEDS/Canada; reconcile any overlaps with emphasis on differences;
- Liaise on requirements for data buoy observations, for all relevant applications, and submit them in a consolidated way to the related WMO expert groups;
- Suggest improvements and address issues to do with real-time distribution of data, including GTS issues, timeliness and methods to improve data flows;
- Suggest improvements and address issues relating to delayed-mode distribution and archiving of the data, with consideration to GOOS OCG data management;
- Seek input from stakeholders on which metadata is most important and how it is best managed and coordinate and ensure integration with the OceanOPS;
- Review all TT-DM circulated publications and documents, to make sure they are kept up-to-date and comply with Quality Management terminology and to ensure these documents to be linked with OBPS repository when ready;
- Make sure that the developments and activities proposed by the Task Team are consistent with the governing principles of WMO and IOC;
- Make recommendations to the DBCP Executive Board or the DBCP members for addressing the issues above; and
- Propose to the DBCP and its Executive Board any evaluation activities and pilot projects that it deems beneficial to buoy operators
- Report to the DBCP Executive Board and the DBCP at its annual Sessions.
The membership is decided at Panel Sessions and is open to all Panel members.