Working on the measurement of primary productivity using 14C in the entire Saudi Coastal Water of the Arabian Gulf.
• Carbon and nitrogen transfer pathways from lower trophic level to higher trophic level; Food web ecosystem functioning and structuring using stable isotope techniques (13C, 15N).
• Role of benthic microalgae in the nutrient release from the soft sediment and the estimation of nutrient flux.
• Sediment aging/dating and environmental pollution assessment through the application of radio isotopes (210Pb, 214Pb, 137 Cs), stable isotopes (13C, 15N) and fossil plankton.
• Nutrient uptake potentiality of phytoplankton, motile microalgae and their estimation of primary productivity (14C technique).
• Identification, isolation and culture of phytoplankton, benthic microalgae
• Biogeochemical cycle of nutrients related to fisheries ecosystem through understanding nitrification/denitrification process, ecosystem’s nutrient budget.
• Analysis of sediment and sea water nutrients, chlorophylls.
Operation of CHN CORDER MT-5, Mass spectrophotometer, Gamma Ray Spectometer.
• Nutrient, Phytoplankton, Zooplankton (NPZ) one dimensional ecosystem modeling using STELLA modeling soft ware (not in professional level but highly interested)