Technical Advice & Consulting
Marine and Coastal Engineering
Heng is a coastal engineering and physical oceanographic professional with extensive experience in consultancy, research and teaching.
• Dr. rer. nat. (Physical Oceanography), 2014
• M.Eng. (Coastal and Maritime), 2006
• B.Eng. (Hons) (Civil-Environmental), 2002
Over the years since 2002, his experience includes:
• Numerical modelling - waves, hydrodynamics, sediment transport, tsunami.
(MIKE 21 Flow Model FM, MIKE 21 Spectral Waves FM, MIKE 21 Sediment Transport ST, TELEMAC-2D, FVCOM, SWAN)
• Coastal evolution and longshore sediment transport (littoral drift).
• Physical modelling and laboratory experiments in flume and basin.
• Field measurements.
• Metocean data analysis.
• Coastal hydraulic studies.
• Laboratory and field instrumentation.
• Coastal and marine structures - floating breakwater and low-crested porous breakwater~reef systems.
• Professional/technical training.
• Project coordination/management and business development.
• Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
• The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM)
• Department of Environment (DOE), Malaysia
(Areas of expertise registered for EIA studies: Hydraulics, Coastal Engineering and Maritime Studies)
• Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), U.K.
• Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB), Malaysia
Scientific/technical writings and publications:
• Peer-reviewed journal articles
• Scientific and technical reports
• Conference proceedings articles
• Theses and dissertation
To download his detailed CV: