OTGA/INCOIS Training Course: Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services
01 - 05 July 2019
This course will demonstrate the data resources available from operational services of INCOIS. The focus will be on operational activities, various data and data products, outputs from INCOIS services, how to download them and use software to visualize. It will be a mix of practical and theoretical contents.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide an introduction to operational oceanography.
- Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services
- Hands on for visualizing the in situ, remote sensing and model derived data products.
- Knowledge and understanding of operational oceanography.
- Tasks involved in Operational Analysis and Forecast methods.
- Oceanographic Data sources, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, monitoring systems and methods.
- Tools for visualizing the operational ocean data products.
Target audiences include, but not limited to the following:
- Ocean and coastal data managers.
- Researchers intending to use operational data products for scientific analysis.
- Research scholars at various universities.
NOTE: priority will be given to participants originating from the Indian Ocean Rim countries. UNESCO is committed to promote gender equality. Therefore, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
- Basic fundamental knowledge of oceanography and meteorology;
- Candidates should have knowledge of data formats in which most of the oceanographic data sets are available;
- Candidates should be preferably working in institutions responsible for the management of oceanographic and/or atmospheric data;
- Good working knowledge of English;
- Participants should preferably bring their own laptops.
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to all successful students.
- EP Rama Rao
- Suprit Kumar
- N Srinivasa Rao
- TVS Udaya Bhaskar
- Kunal Chakraborty
- Arya Paul
- Abhishek Chatterjee
- R Harikumar
- S J Prasad
- Nimit Kumar
- R Venkat Shesu
- Aneesh Lotliker
- M.K. Singh
- PLN Murty
- Linta Rose
- Ravikumar Jha
- Muneeshwar Preetham
- B. Rohith
Course duration: 5 working days (~ 30 hours classroom sessions, plus eventual online assignments)
Course Venue: INCOIS, Hyderabad, India
Period for Applications: 12 March – 19 April 2019 (deadline extended)
All information available on how to apply: http://bit.ly/2ACZY9r
No tuition fee applies. A limited number of fellowships is available.
- OTGA India Regional Training Centre Coordinator: Dr TVS Udaya Bhaskar email@example.com)
- OTGA Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
|20190312_OTGA INCOIS DUOOPS TC July _2019||12/03/2019||
|ELURI Pattabhi Rama Rao||India|
|PRASAD S. J.||India|
|REDDEM Venkat Shesu||India|
|SATISH R U V N||India|
|VS UDAYA BHASKAR Tata||India|
|BAHREBAR Soheil||Iran (Islamic Republic of)|
|CALDE Diana Mae||Philippines|
|RAHAMATHULLA Mohammed Irfan||India|
|SUCHITRA RANI OJHA||India|
= Person has not yet confirmed their participation.
= Person has declined to participate or had their request to participate declined.
= Person had their request to participate declined.
Total Invited: 47