OTGA/INCOIS Training Course: Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services
18 - 22 June 2018
This course will demonstrate the data resources available from operational program. The focus will be on operational activities, how to download data and use software to visualize. It will be a mix of practical and theoretical.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide an introduction to operational oceanography.
- Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services.
- Hands on for Visualizing the model and in situ derived data products.
- Knowledge and understanding of operational oceanography.
- Tasks involved in Operational Analysis and Forecast methods.
- Oceanographic Data sources, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, monitoring systems and methods.
- Tools for visualizing the operational ocean data products.
Target audiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ocean and coastal data managers.
- Researchers intending to use data products for scientific analysis.
- Research scholars at various universities.
NOTE: priority will be given to participants originating from the Indian Ocean Rim countries.
UNESCO is committed to promote gender equality. Therefore, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
Period for Applications:
19 February – 31 March 2018
Please fill in the online application form on http://bit.ly/2HtWXuQ
All information on how to apply available on http://bit.ly/2ACZY9r
No tuition fee applies. A limited number of fellowships is available.
For Any questions please contact:
OTGA Coordinator: Dr. Claudia Delgado (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OTGA India Regional Training Centre Coordinator: Dr TVS Udaya Bhaskar email@example.com)
|OTGA INCOIS flyer OpOcean June_2018||02/03/2018||
|Local Information-DODP Course- Foreign participants||19/07/2018||
|AGATHE Issana Agathe||Mauritius|
|HENDAWITHARANA Gayana||Sri Lanka|
|INDIKA Kathaluwa Weligamage||Sri Lanka|
|NAZRUL K M Shahriar||Bangladesh|
|THOMASKUTTY A V||India|
|TU Nguyen||Viet Nam|
= Person has declined to participate or had their request to participate declined.
Total Invited: 37